What documentation do I need for accommodations?

TVO ILC will review and approve accommodations for Final Tests only to eligible students based on the supporting documentation submitted:

  1. Individual Education Plan (IEP) or psycho-educational report

Individualized Education Plans (IEP), provided by an Ontario school, or psycho-educational reports identify the student’s learning needs and outline the accommodations needed by the student for Final Test writing.

  1. Letters/reports from qualified professionals

If you do not have an IEP or a psycho-educational report, you must support your request with documentation related to you learning needs from a qualified professional. This person cannot be a relative.

A qualified professional: 

  • may be a psychologist, psychiatrist, or other medical practitioner such as a doctor or therapist
  • must have expertise in diagnosing the condition(s) related to the accommodation(s) you are requesting

Supporting documentation must include: 

  • the qualified professional’s contact information on official letterhead, dated and signed
  • a detailed description of the learning/medical/health needs and their impact on the Final Test
  • the accommodation(s) requested
  • timelines for rehabilitation/recovery for temporary health conditions 

If you have further questions, please contact us at 416.484.2704 or 1.800.387.5512, or send an email to [email protected].

Was this article helpful?