TVO ILC will review and approve accommodations for Final Tests only to eligible students based on the supporting documentation submitted:
- Individual Education Plan (IEP) or psycho-educational report
Individualized Education Plans (IEP), provided by an Ontario school, or psycho-educational reports identify the student’s learning needs and outline the accommodations needed by the student for Final Test writing.
- Letters/reports from qualified professionals
If you do not have an IEP or a psycho-educational report, you must support your request with documentation related to you learning needs from a qualified professional. This person cannot be a relative.
A qualified professional:
- may be a psychologist, psychiatrist, or other medical practitioner such as a doctor or therapist
- must have expertise in diagnosing the condition(s) related to the accommodation(s) you are requesting
Supporting documentation must include:
- the qualified professional’s contact information on official letterhead, dated and signed
- a detailed description of the learning/medical/health needs and their impact on the Final Test
- the accommodation(s) requested
- timelines for rehabilitation/recovery for temporary health conditions
If you have further questions, please contact us at 416.484.2704 or 1.800.387.5512, or send an email to [email protected].